Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Two Towers

We have a lot of ground to cover today, but I still doubt it will be as much as between the first two badges.

We start this leg of the journey by heading north to Route 10, which is crawling with Team Flare Goons. None of them pose really any challenge, and we are able to continue without much trouble. We arrive in Geosenge Town, where we again meet Korrina and her two Lucario, one of which seems to have taken a liking to me. We have out first of three battles against her.

Image result for korrina pokemon

But first, I have to get through Route 11 and Reflection Cave.

Image result for reflection cave
Mirror, Mirror on every wall 

On Route 11, I caught a Sawk and in the Cave, I caught a Roggenrolla. 

Image result for sawkImage result for roggenrola

My selection is finally starting to flesh out and get a little bit of diversity! I realize that between the second and third badge is about a normal time for that to happen, but with how much happens at the front of this game, it felt a little overdue. 

Upon exiting the Cave, we arrive in Shalour City! 

Image result for shalour city

Our first stop is the Tower of Mastery, where the whole gang is waiting for me. At the first level, I meet the Mega Evolution Master, and battle Calem for the right to battle Korrina two more times. 

Image result for calem pokemon
It's one way to mix things up, I guess 

After beating him, we go to the Gym to battle Korrina, again, and because I don't really have anything that has a type advantage, as many of my Pokemon are also fighting types, I manage to out punch her for the badge. She tells me to meet her at the top of the Tower of Mastery for our third battle! 

Image result for tower of mastery

At the top of the Tower, we have our third battle, and I use the Lucario that had taken such a liking to me, in its Mega Form no less! 

Image result for mega lucario
And then I get to keep it! 

After defeating her for the third time, I get my Mega Bracelet and can now use Mega Evolution! Although I'm pretty sure that Lucario is the only thing I can have that actually qualifies for this team that can Mega Evolve. Eh, works for me. 

Moving west, we pass Route 12 were I managed to Wonder Trade for a Klink. I know I've been actually catching a lot for this team, more than normal, but the Wonder Trading has been slow going this time around. 

Image result for klink
But that doesn't mean I'm not happy 
to see you, Gen V Magnemite! 

As we enter Coumarine City, Calem gives us a call and challenges us to a battle outside the Gym. 

Image result for calem pokemon
Perhaps one day he'll provide a challenge 

After sending him packing, its into the Gym we go! 

Image result for ramos gym leader

Zangoose had learned X-Scissor by this point and cleaned up the gym very nicely. 

Image result for zangoose

Through the wonders of the Experience Share, Cubone evolved into Marowak and Roggenrolla and Machop both evolved and I traded to get them to their final forms, Gigalith and Machamp.  

Heading south, we enter the Lumiose Badlands, aka Route 13, where trouble has been brewing at the Power Plant, and like all civilized societies it's up to the 11 year old child to solve the problem! 

Image result for kalos power plant

After some digging around, I discovered they had Team Flare gumming up the works. After defeating a handful of Grunts, we reach the leaders of this little escapade, Aliana and Pitbull! 

Image result for team flare admin
Bet you forgot he was in this game, didn't ya? 

After restoring power to the Plant, we head back to Lumiose City, were we run into Shawna. We go to a good spot to watch Prism Tower get lit up. 

Image result for lumiose tower

It turns out, that the Tower is also the city's Gym, so in we go! After answering some questions, we head up to the top and face Clemont, the Gym Leader! 

Image result for clemont pokemon
And like all civilized societies, Kalos has 
put a 12 year old in charge of their most famous landmark

Hippopotas and Marowak cleaned him up nicely. 

Image result for hippopotasImage result for marowak
And Hippopotas still has no idea what's happening. 

In the journey to get these three badges, I still feel like I did less than in between the first and second badge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment