Monday, June 4, 2018

Here We Pokemon Go!

Welcome to the first (and only) day of school! 

Image result for school

Before we truly get started, Ditto goes in the box, because its dumb and I'm not going to waste my time with it. Before we start battling the students, lets catch something to see if we can diversify this team beyond a pair of electric types. I caught a Meowth and traded it for a Mudbray, which is not an electric type! 

Image result for mudbray

It is level 12 and from China. Yay! It came in super handy against the trainers with a Bonsly and Grimer. After defeating four students and what is apparently the schools only teacher, I've graduated! 

Image result for graduation

Now that I'm out of school, it's off to the big city and the real world. Gotta love the education system in these games. Of course my first stop is shopping! I got me a sharp new outfit and I'm ready to take on all of Alola! While exploring, I caught a Mime Jr. and traded it for a level 11 Growlithe from France. My teams coming together quite nicely. 
While exploring, I have my first encounter with the dastardly Team Skull! After battling them, its on wonder they couldn't do any of the Trials. Anyway, after beating them Ilima challenged me, and I beat him as well proving to a bonified Trial Captain that I am ready for the trails, and he sends me off to the Verdant Cavern. 
Before reaching the Verdant Cavern, there's Route 2 and the Hau'oli Cemetary. Let's see what we can catch there and use to fill out the team. On Route 2 I got an Ekans, and a Zubat from the cemetery. 
For my little purple serpent, I got a big blue sea serpent! 

Image result for gyarados

Its level 35, from Spain and will be useful later on, so I'll keep it around. For Zubat, I got a Mimikyu that's level 1 and from Japan. I'm digging the team I got, even though I can't use one of them right away. 
After battling all the trainers in the cemetery and on Route 2, its off to the beach for a little R and R. Or it would have been if these two idiots hadn't shown up and started harassing poor Mantine. 

Image result for team skull

Seriously, guys, my toddler can dance better, and basic coordination isn't even one of her skills yet. 
After dealing with these two hoodlums, its finally time to take on the challenge! Mudbray learned double kick before I entered, which made defeating the first two pokemon extremely easy. 
Then, Grunt A and Grunt B from Team Numbskull showed up to mess with my trial. After defeating one of them, they go and block two of the entrances forcing the Raticate (a regular one) no choice than to come out of the remaining hole I was at. Thanks guys! How do people do this trial without Team Skulls interference? 
After grabbing the Normalium Z, the Totem Raticate attacked! But Mudbray's double kick took it out in one turn, making the battle pretty anticlimactic. The Ultra Recon Squad talks to me for the first time. Or second time, they may have said something during the "pregame" segment and I wasn't paying attention because I was just blazing through it. 

Image result for ultra recon squad
Good guys twirl their mustaches, right?

On the way out, I caught a Noibat and traded it for a Piplup. I do have the rule of keeping a rare Pokemon for my personal collection as long as I don't use it. I'm going to adjust this for Piplup to go on my Starter Pokemon team, which is going to be my next run on Pokemon Sun. I'm doing this with Piplup and potentially any other starter I receive in this run since on that team I can only use 64 different pokemon and will potentially save me many hours wonder trading. I will not be using Piplup at all in this run or any other starter I happen to get. 
Ilima is waiting for me as I exit the cavern and opens up the gate to Route 3. Professor Kukui comes from Route 3 and says that he lost Lillie! So next time, we will scour every inch of Route 3, leave no stone unturned until she and Nebby are found! 

No comments:

Post a Comment