Sunday, June 3, 2018

The Journey Begins.....

Welcome back, and in today's entry we are on to the good stuff, the challenge! But first, a quick overview of this run. This challenge is the Wonder Trade team, the rules of which are listed below. 


1. All pokemon on the team must be received through wonder trade. Any given or caught pokemon must be wonder traded. All pokemon received through Wonder Trade are eligible for the team.


2. Can only catch one pokemon per area, but it can be up to the third encounter. Gift pokemon and in-game trades don't count toward those numbers.

3. If a pokemon received through wonder trade fits the parameters of the team, it must be kept, either on the team or in the PC box.

4. The Six that defeat the Champion are the team for the Tournament.




Not too complex for this run, especially compared to some of the teams down the road, which is why I'm starting with this team. Because of how the game works and when I can start Wonder Trading, before each game there will be the....

Image result for pregame

For this run, I'm doing it in UltraMoon and started as the female character named Jenifer, after my daughter. I started with Popplio, or more accurately Hau started with Litten since Popplio is going to be traded away. After a brief battle with Hau I caught a Grubbin on Route 1 and battled the one unavoidable Lass before battling Hau again at the Iki Festival. On the Hau'oli Outskirts, I caught an Inkay, which would have been cool to have, but I digress. And after Lillie tells me all about the Pokemon Center, I can finally enter the Festival Plaza! 
Image result for party started

For my first Wonder Trade on this miraculous journey, I traded my Popplio for a Helioptile! Helioptile is level 1, from Japan and sadly has no fun egg moves. Which is probably why it was traded. Anyway, Helioptile is my official starter for this game. Next up, Grubbin was traded for a Ditto...yay. It's level 27, also from Japan and if it listens could be fun to use early on. It'll be useless by the time it'll be able to compete. And lastly, Inkay for a Tynamo. Like Helioptile, Tynamo is a level 1 electric type, its from North America, where I'm from. 
While Tynamo is cute enough, the four moves it has, Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark and Charge Beam, are the only four it will have until it evolves at level 39! Not only will it start being outclassed before that, I already have Helioptile. Plus, Tynamo's final form is this thing. 
Image result for eelektross
Aaahhhh!!! 

And it becomes more terrifying when you see what its based on 
Image result for lamprey
This is why you don't go swimming in the ocean 

And before we get to the game itself, to make up for the horrors above, here's a kitten in a shoe. 
Image result for kittens



Image result for game time

Now that our team is set for now, it's time to battle all the trainers I skipped earlier! But two level 1 electric types and a Ditto that won't listen is a bad way to rush in blind. Luckily, the patch of grass where Kukui gives you your starter is full of level 2 Buneary and Yungoos. Helioptile's first battle was against a Buneary that didn't use any attacks besides Splash and Foresight and then gained 3 levels. Gotta love the boosted experience of traded Pokemon! I got Tynamo and Helioptile up to level 5 in this little patch, and now for the real test against actual trainers. 
In these battles, I tried Ditto, but it didn't listen once, even after the Pokemon Refresh and eating some beans. So instead of having some fun with it when it would be useful, it fell asleep. Stupid Ditto...
But I didn't need it because Tynamo and Helioptile cleaned house. With Route 1 finished, next time we take on the Trainers School and Hau'oli City! 

No comments:

Post a Comment