Saturday, June 30, 2018

Adventures on Akala

Before heading off to the second Island, I stopped at 10 Carat Hill to get the Flynium Z and caught a Rockruff and traded it for a Petilil, giving me a grass type.

And back to the beach to surf to Akala Island!

Image result for surfing
Weeeee!!!! 

Continuing onward to Route 4, I caught a Mudbray and traded it for a level 1 Chansey from China. 

Beyond Route 4 is the Ol' West Town of Paniola, which for some reason is in Hawaii. 


Because, you know, why not?

In town, I run into Hau again and we battle. It was just like an Ol' West showdown! Except with Pokemon instead of six shooters. And no cowboy hats. Or spurs. Or people barring the windows and hiding in barrels. 

Beyond Paniola Town and in the Paniola Ranch, I caught another Mudbray and traded it for a Turtonator. 


This thing definitely replaces Magmar as the weirdest fire-type 

She's level 1 and knows Rest, Sleep Talk, Dragon Claw, and Flame Charge. I've had Arcanine before, so I'm replacing Growlithe with Turtonator.

Heading out on Route 5 towards Brooklet Hill and the second trial! On Route 5 I caught a Lillipup and traded it for a level 1 Minior.

In Brooklet Hill, Petilil is up front and takes care of the two Wishiwashi with ease. However, the Totem Pokemon is a little different.


It's a spider the size of a house 

As the absurdly large Araquanid strided forward, and Helioptile barely damaged it at all. This battle is not going to go as easily as the first trial. I decided to have Petilil use Leech Seed and then just send in Gyarados to finish the job! 

Actual screenshot 

Not only does Gyarados win, but she actually listened! 

Life lesson: if you ever meet a giant sea monster, 
feed it as many beans as possible. 

After the trial, I went back to Brooklet Hill and caught a Poliwag to trade. I got a level 32 Tentacruel from Japan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment