Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A Shocking Trial

On our way to meet the Professor, we encounter Hau for a rival battle. Mudsdale and Turtonator take care of him pretty easily.

Image result for hau
Maybe someday you'll be a challenge 

After the battle, we head into the Malie Garden to meet the professor. Hau, still sore about his defeat, blocks the bridge and tells me to take the long way around. While exploring the garden, I caught an Ariados and traded it for a Fearow. I finally find Kukui, and he tells me about the bus on Route 10 to take us up to the observatory. He couldn't have just told me that earlier? Anyway, on to Route 10. 

Before that, however we stop into the Kantonian gym and win the Surge Badge! 

Image result for lt. surge
Huzzah 

On Route 10, I help and old lady find her wandering Stufful and caught a Crabrawler, which I traded for a Smeargle! It's level 6 and from Italy. 

Image result for smeargle

My final slot on my team has been filled! For now, anyway. I've never had Smeargle, and with Sketch being the only move it learns naturally, it should be interesting to see how it develops. After leveling it up a little bit, I head over to Diglett's Cave to teach it a move. It battles a Diglett and learns Magnitude! 

Back at Route 10, it's time to head up the mountain for the trial! Up at the observatory, I meet Moylane and Sophacles, who seem to run the trial together and have no idea what they are doing. This is first hinted at when they make me look for their missing Charjabug outside.

Image result for charjabug
It's also known as the Alolan Super Battery

Full confirmation that these guys don't know what they're doing is they don't know how to summon the Totem Pokemon. The thing the entire trial revolves around. So they have me arrange a bunch of Charjabug on a generator until it shows up. 

Image result for togedemaru
And it is not happy 

Mudsdale, of course, takes care of it and sends it back to whatever it is oversized electric rodents do. 

Image result for beta ray bill
A true god 

With a new Z-Crystal in my pocket, it's time to head back down the mountain and to the Malie Garden! 

No comments:

Post a Comment