Friday, August 3, 2018

Rock-y Road

We are almost done on Akala Island, and the last leg of our journey here starts by entering Diglett's cave.

Image result for diglett

In the cave, I caught not a Diglett, but a Zubat and traded it for a Magikarp...

Image result for magikarp
If only...

After beating up a cop, we make a quick pit stop in Konikoni city to heal and get a letter from Olivia's Probopass telling me about the trial site. Off we go! To get to the trial site, we must first pass through Memorial Hill. On Memorial Hill, I caught a Phantump, which I traded for...

Image result for magikarp
Again? 

Another Magikarp. Since I just got one of those (and even have a Gyarados) off it goes again! In return, I got a Growlithe, which I already have, thus the fun part of Wonder Trading. The second Growlithe is also sent back into the wild blue wonder. And out of that blue, I got a Skarmory. At least I don't have one of those! 

Moving past Memorial Hill, we find Team Skull about to face two members of the Aether Foundation. 

Image result for aether foundation
Including Mad Scientist Guy 

And somehow I end up battling one of the Team Skull thugs. After sending them packing, the Aether Foundation people say something about something, I wasn't paying much attention. 

Anyway, continuing on to the Akala Outskirts I caught a Stufful and traded it for a Morelull. 

Image result for morelull
This thing 

At the gate for the Trial, I encounter Plumeria, which is surprising because I was expecting her to interrupt the trial. 

Image result for plumeria pokemon
Pictured: Someone who knows not to interrupt 

After beating her, Olivia and Lillie arrive, and Olivia mentions that she found Lillie. I didn't know she was lost, but I'm not super surprised. 

Anyway, the battle with Olivia was annoying because Gyarados refused to listen, so Mudsdale was sent in to clean house, which it did handily. 

Image result for mudsdale
Who knew this guy would be so useful? 

Hau show's up for his Trial, and Olivia says something about visiting the Aether Paradise. So we are off to the Grand Resort. 

Image result for hawaiian resorts
If only....

I'm not interested in Gyarados not listening anymore, even if beating the Island Kahuna would now give me that ability. So it goes in the box. I don't have anything in my box that's jumping out at me to replace it, so we'll just move forward with five for now. Those five are Helioptile, Petilil, Mudsdale, Turtonator, and Mimikyu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment