Friday, September 13, 2019

Silver and Gold (and Crystal!)

In Pokemon Sun, we will be doing the Generation II challenge. For this round I decided to honor the very first female avatar introduced in Pokemon Crystal, Kris!

Image result for kris pokemon

Like many adventures, this one starts in our room. I head out, meet my mom and Professor Kukui, who takes me to Iki Town and I get to pick my temporary starter and for some reason I choose Litten, and Hau gets Rowlet. My true starter is Rock and Ground until level 50, which has a double weakness to Grass. But this wouldn't be a challenge if everything was easy, so bring it on! 

I didn't catch any Gen II Pokemon before gaining access to the Pokemon Center and receiving my Larvitar! 

Image result for larvitar
Now we can really get this party started!

I went and caught a Slowpoke, which I immediately evolved into Slowking. 

Image result for slowking

Through Wonder Trade, I got very lucky and received Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Eevee. 

Image result for chikoritaImage result for cyndaquilImage result for eevee

I did also get a Corsola, but its currently level 40, so it won't be joining the team any time soon, if at all. 

With all of that out of the way, its time to do some learnin' at the Pokemon School! 

Image result for springfield elementary school simpsons

After defeating a few of the students and one of the teachers, we go and explore the remainder of the City. We get some new clothes to more closely match Kris' original avatar from Pokemon Crystal. We keep going to the docks, and meet Tweedledee and Tweedledum causing trouble. 

Image result for team skull grunt

After sending them packing, Ilima challenges us to a battle to see if we are ready for his trial! 

Image result for ilima pokemon

I got Cyndaquil at level 1, and it had the egg move Double Kick and decided to use this as a trial run (puns!) as to how well it might do. It did well, and Ilima was defeated in no time. 

I move on to Route 2 and defeat the trainers on the way to the Verdant Cavern. Tweedledee and Tweedledum are harassing a berry farmer and I defeat them again, and after start my trial in Verdant Cavern. Cyndaquil had evolved into Quilava at by this point, and even with the Tweedle's continued interference, I defeated the trial with Quilava's Double Kick quickly and easily. 

Image result for quilava
Because when I think of Quilava
I think of its powerful kicks

After the trial, Kukui arrives and tells us he lost track of Lillie, and asks for help in tracking her down. Let the search begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment