Thursday, September 6, 2018

Let's Get This Pary Start(er)ed! (Moon)

And now for the Starter Team in Ultra Moon! A quick rundown of the rules for this playthrough.

The only eligible Pokemon for this team are those that are the evolutionary lines of the main series games. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treeco, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio evolutionary lines all qualify. Pikachu also qualifies, but not Raichu since the one in Pokemon Yellow could not evolve.

In the main series, Eevee and Ralts are starters of rivals, and so they also qualify. Ratls and all of its evolutions qualify since Wally uses all of them between the Generation III and Generation VI games. However, only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon qualify since they are the only evolutions used in Pokemon Yellow.


Both pokemon obtained in game and through wonder trade qualify.


If that pokemon doesn't fit the parameters for the team, it must be wonder traded immediately. Because the qualifying pool of pokemon isn't very deep, if nothing that qualifies comes up after a few attempts, I can skip trading in that round.


If a pokemon received through wonder trade fits the parameters of the team, it must be kept, either on the team or in the PC box. If it does not it must be traded immediately unless its a legendary/mythical pokemon or a shiny pokemon for keeping, but cannot be used on a later team.

All Mega evolutions qualify.


I know in a previous post I said that Poipole and Marill also qualify, but Poipole cannot be used in Sun and Moon, which disqualifies itself and I'm just not going to use Marill when I have so many other powerful water types to choose from.

Before starting, we have a Piplup and Litten that where received during the first playthrough, and a Torchic I got while trading away various Pokemon I thought other people might enjoy. There is also the Popplio from Pokemon Sun, and also in that playthrough I caught and traded a couple extra Pokemon and received a Froakie and an Eevee, which means even before I start, I have a full team ready to go!

Image result for let's get this party started gif
Thor knows what's up! 

Firing up the actual game and getting going, I decided to name the player this time around Satoshi, after the creator of Pokemon himself, Satoshi Tajiri, whom without non of this would be possible. 

Image result for satoshi tajiri
A god among us 

I start this game with Rowlet because its the only Alolan starter I didn't have on standby. The usual early game shenanigans went down. Saved Lillie, fought Hau a couple of times, met the Ultra Recon Squad and got the Rotom Dex. I caught a Grubbin,  a couple Caterpie's and a couple Rattata's to trade for all the Starters waiting to come over. I chose to evolve Eevee into Jolteon, since I'll be able to have access to plenty of Water and Fire types. 

Image result for alolan starters
Image result for jolteonImage result for piplup
Image result for froakieImage result for torchic
Will I even need any others? 

I was not expecting to be fully stocked, let alone have an extra, this early with this team. But I'm really glad that I am! Froakie, Torchic, and Litten all have their hidden abilities (Protean, Speed Boost, and Intimidate respectively) which will be nice from the low health power boost the others will get. 

Going forward, I took on the Trainers School where I taught them a thing or two! Next, we will go and explore this city and Island and see what it is that Alola has to offer this group of Starters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment