Saturday, September 1, 2018

The Final Trials

After everything with Necrozma, Mina takes me to her houseboat in sleepy, little Seafolk Village. She tells me that for her trial I have to battle her.

Image result for mina's trial
Um...did they just admit they ran out of ideas? 

After defeating her, she gives me a petal and tells me to go and collect different colored petals from the other Trial Captains. That's a neat way to tie everything together. Off I go to re-challenge the other captains! 

Image result for mina's trial
Some of them, anyway. 

Starting with Ilima, we then go to all of the trial sites, and some battle for the petal and others just give it to me. But after collecting all of them, I return to Mina and she makes me a flower. 

Image result for mina's trial
Thanks! 

After receiving the flower, she says that the Totem Pokemon is on its way, the strongest most fiercest of the Totem Pokemon, the ultimate challenge! Suddenly the door bursts open, and from the monster's perspective, it circles us, going around the house, sizing up its new foe in what is surely to be an epic battle, the likes of which has yet to be seen! The camera pulls away from the perspective of the beast to reveal...

Image result for ribombee
Ribombee. This thing is 8 inches tall 

That was an exceedingly underwhelming reveal. Anyway, Turtonator takes in out with a single Flamethrower. After the battle, Mina says that Hapu will be waiting for me to be the first challenger in her Grand Trial on Exeggutor Island. 

After healing, I head out to Exeggutor Island to face Hapu and her ground type Pokemon. 

Image result for hapu grand trial

We duke it out until we are down to our Mudsdale's, an epic battle to be sure. 

Image result for mudsdaleImage result for mudsdale

After a grueling and bloody slugfest, my Mudsdale emerged victorious, and I got my final stamp! 

Hapu congratulates me, and tells me that Mount Lanakila used to be the place where Trial Goers would face all four Island Kahuna's in a row after completing the challenge. But know, Professor Kukui has an entirely new challenge awaiting at the top of the mountain....

No comments:

Post a Comment